I’m sure you already heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I bet you heard that all the time when you were a kid, right? Well, it’s true. I really don’t understand why so many people tend to skip breakfast nowadays. On the second thought, maybe that is the reason why they are so uptight and nervous in the morning? If you’re any serious about losing weight, then you should know that you should not skip breakfast and you should know about the right foods you should eat for breakfast.
Like it or not – one thing you absolutely must have is your breakfast in the morning. Period. I don’t want to know about your busy lifestyles and so forth, breakfast is a must! It’s one of those meals that you must eat, ok? And I don’t think you have any choice about it. I know that most people who do eat breakfast, tend run out of the house with a donut in their hand. Well this really is not a good idea.
I also don’t know why so many people jump to the sugary breakfast foods. I guess it’s why people drink coffee. They just need that rush of energy to wake them up, otherwise they are sleepy. Or they just think that maybe they can avoid eating a good meal by eating something full of sugar. After all, they feel energetic after eating a bunch of that sugar.
Now let me ask you a question: have you noticed how hard it is to wake up at work? Have you noticed how during the day you get tired? Do you know why is this happening? Because you aren’t getting the right foods for breakfast! You still don’t realize how important this meal is. Every day you should have a good meal for breakfast.
So, what are some good things to eat for breakfast during your weight loss program? You surely can look at these breakfast ideas as weight loss tips, because they are closely related to losing weight.
First, let’s start off with what you SHOULD NOT eat:
- Don’t eat donuts. For the reasons I’ve just told you.
- Don’t load up on coffee in the morning. Don’t think that just because coffee can give you energy, that you can drink it instead of eating. That’s just wrong. Coffee cannot replace food.
- Don’t eat any cereals loaded with sugar. This is just empty calories. They don’t offer you anything valuable. Not only that, but too much of this and you will gain weight! Have you noticed how sluggish you feel before lunch? Well this is because you are eating too much sugar.
- Don’t eat pasties that come in the box. These are loaded with sugar, too! They don’t offer you anything that’s good for you. They just rob you of all the things that you should be eating.
- Don’t eat a lot of fried foods. Don’t eat lot of bacon, fried eggs, and some french toast. The added fat will weigh you down, that’s for sure.
Now, let’s see what you SHOULD be eating (and enjoying it, too):
- Eat cereals that are low in sugar. Cereal with milk is a great breakfast. It really is a good all-around meal. Remember – low or no sugar is what you want.
- Eat eggs, they are good for breakfast. Yes, you heard me. I’m not going to go through the whole mess about how they say eggs are bad for you. Just don’t buy it. Eat eggs, but eat them in moderation, of course.
- Try a new egg sandwich. People just love the egg sandwiches at fast food restaurants. Why is that? I mean, why not make one at home? You can put cheese or ham on yours. Use your imagination, these are really fun to make. Be creative.
- Eat pancakes. Yes, they are great from time to time. Try to get yourself one of those griddles that you don’t need to add fat too. That way you’ll be able to eat these pancakes more often. To cut down on calories (and that’s what you want), instead of using butter and syrup, put fresh fruit on yours. I just love eating mine with fresh fruit on top of them, those are delicious.
- Eat old-fashioned toast. Toast is still a great thing to eat. Just make sure you don’t load it up with too much butter or similar things.
- Eat oatmeal. Ok, ok, I know that most of you probably hated oatmeal when you were a kid. But, this is some great stuff and very healthy, too. Add some milk if you want and a bit of sugar and you have a breakfast that will stick to your ribs!
- Drink juice when you have breakfast! Trust me, you don’t need coffee in the morning; you can get morning energy by just drinking juice. And you don’t have to worry about getting the shakes if you drink too much of this juice.
- Did you know that fruit salads can be great for breakfast? I love those things. They taste refreshing and they don’t take all day long to make. Just throw your favorite fruits together and call it a meal! There you go. Simple as that. How cool is that? Enjoy it, and make sure you show your friends this wonderful meal.
My final words of advice: make sure you stay away from the drive through window and you’ll be fine. Remember – don’t eat those pasties in a box. They are nothing but junk food.
So, now you probably realize that you should not skip breakfast and that good breakfast is not as hard as you might think it is. Happy breakfasting!